About Me

So here it is...finally I have got round to creating a blog (something I should have done months ago)! Hopefully this will be of some interest to someone out there...? Either way, it will be a place for me to keep track of my journey with Project Trust, and record my highs, lows, and most memorable experiences in South Africa. I will be spending 12 months volunteering in Thembelihle, a home of safety for at-risk children in Mthatha, starting 25th August 2011...'a year in the life of a Project Trust volunteer'!

Saturday 23 June 2012

PAINTING!

In my afternoons and spare time I have been painting the children’s wardrobes and re-painting a wall surrounding the home. In the process I have managed to brighten up the children’s rooms and brought some smiles to a few of their faces, whilst also establishing that gloss paint is a bit annoying and impossible to clean off brushes and rollers!!! I’m hoping to finish it all in time for me going home!

No comments:

Post a Comment