About Me

So here it is...finally I have got round to creating a blog (something I should have done months ago)! Hopefully this will be of some interest to someone out there...? Either way, it will be a place for me to keep track of my journey with Project Trust, and record my highs, lows, and most memorable experiences in South Africa. I will be spending 12 months volunteering in Thembelihle, a home of safety for at-risk children in Mthatha, starting 25th August 2011...'a year in the life of a Project Trust volunteer'!

Wednesday 25 July 2012

It’s all fitting together... :)

So my time has nearly come to an end. I have only 16 days left here at Thembelihle and I really can’t decide whether this year has gone quickly or not! I have a huge bucket list of things to get through before I leave, but don’t know if I will be able to finish them all in time for my flight!

I’m hoping to have one non-busy day before I leave where I can really enjoy the children’s company and reflect on the ups and downs of the year! I’m snapping up my last lot of photos over the next two weeks and sorting through all my stuff to decide what to leave to the kids and what I need to take home with me…hopefully not too much!

1 comment:

  1. Totally forgot you were leaving friday!
    I thought i'd put in my calendar.
    When are you back in the UK?

    Can't wait to see you again! x
    Sam Scriv

    ReplyDelete